Posted Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:05:49 GMT by zheng
Hi all,

I want to get a cross section of a 3D model domain, and I hope this section can show the thickness of the diffrerent layers. Could you tell me how to do that?

If FEFLOW cannnot do that, I want to export the (x,y,z) information of the slices, so that I can use GIS or Surfer to generate such a cross section. Could you tell me how to export the (x,y,z) information from FEFLOW?

Thanks a lot.

Qinghuai 
Posted Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:45:39 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
For visualization, you can use 'Special' - 'z Coordinates' in the '3 D slice elevations' menu. Then choose the 2D cross-sectional view and hit the 'Show' button.

Of course, you can also use FEFLOW Explorer, either showing sections you have created in FEFLOW's reference data menu or cutting the model along a line
Posted Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:04:48 GMT by Gemma
Just wondering - is there anyway to export the data from the cross-sectional view of the model results in a format that would allow me to easily plot up the contoured heads or pressures on any 2D section cut through the 3D model?
Posted Tue, 01 Sep 2009 15:23:14 GMT by Gemma
???
Posted Tue, 01 Sep 2009 15:34:41 GMT by Gemma
Actually think I have worked out how to do it from the line sections option in the results viewer... :)

You must be signed in to post in this forum.