Please wait...

Error

Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:19:46 GMT by Lamm
Dear User,

I am using FEFLOW 5.4  to simulate GW flow. The initial time step length (d) is set 0.001 and the final time is 730 day. However the observed data are only monitored in 4 times per every month with specific day. My question related to the comparison of Simulated VS Observed values is:
How can I determine the exact day of simulated results corresponding to the days of observed values? This is because FEFLOW did not show the simulation time (DAY/MONTH/YEAR) when running simulation.

Thanks for your shearing,
Lamm
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:41:17 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Lamm,
There are different possibilities for this:
- You calculate the time based on a calendar.
- You use Excel, convert your start date to a number (via cell format) and add the simulation time from FEFLOW. Then convert back into a date.
- You use the number you get in Excel from converting your starting date as start time of the FEFLOW simulation. Same for the end time. Then you can convert any date into a number and it will correspond to your relative simulation time in FEFLOW. This is because Excel internally uses the number of days since Jan 1st, 1900 (1904 on Macintosh) to store dates.
- You use FEFLOW 6.1 - there you can at least use real dates for display.

Good luck!
Peter
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:07:19 GMT by Lamm
Thanks Peter,

In the option “Temporal & control data” in FEFLOW shows only  “initial time step length” and “ final time step”. You mean the initial time step length = Start time of FEFLOW simulation and final time step = end time of simulation? Is that correct? If not please show me another option to input the time of simulation.

For example: I try to simulate GW for the period of 365 days from 1.1.2010 -31.12.2010. According to your advice, 1.1.2010 and 32.12.2010 will be converted to be 40179 and 40534 by Excel, respectively. Then I will use these converted values of 40179 and 40534 to add starting time and ending time of FEFLOW. Is that correct?
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:11:23 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
There's also also 'Initial Time' right below the initial time step length and the final time.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.