Posted Wed, 05 Apr 2017 12:50:55 GMT by Lisa Krienen Student
Hello Feflow community,

I hope you can help me with this problem:
I would like to use the parameter expression for the inflow from the bottom of my transient model and link this inflow with the total extraction volume of the multilayer wells. The inflow on a certain selected area shall be 70% of the extraction volume.
Thus the expression would be:
inflow from the bottom = 0.7 * total volume multilayer wells (for a certain selected area)

How do I implement this expression?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Regards
Lisa
Posted Thu, 06 Apr 2017 12:25:31 GMT by Björn Kaiser
What kind of Boundary Condition did you assign at the bottom of your model to represent the inflow?
Posted Fri, 07 Apr 2017 09:24:54 GMT by Lisa Krienen Student
I did not assign a BC, only a time dependent value at the material property "In/outflow on top/bottom".
Posted Fri, 07 Apr 2017 10:12:59 GMT by Björn Kaiser
If you do not use any constraints imposed on the wells I assume you a priori the total amount of water over time to be extracted. To pre-process you data I suggest to generate a new time-series representing the total amount of water. Then you may consider the time-series in your expression and multiply it by 0.7. Alternatively, you could make the multiplication during the preparation of the time-series. In the latter case you do not need any expression.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.