Posted Fri, 24 Feb 2017 14:51:17 GMT by Fabiana César
Dear all,

I would like to know if it is possible to separate the observation points in different groups in order to analyze Hydraulic Head Scatter Plot separately, for each group.

Thanks in advance for the answers and comments.

Regards,
Posted Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:04:51 GMT by Björn Kaiser
At the moment, the FEFLOW GUI does not provide such an option. Accordingly, you have to export the data manually and use an external software (e.g. Excel) to make the scatter plots based on different groups. Alternatively, you could use the FEFLOW API by writing a Python Script, which retrieves the heads calculated at observation points. You can use the API function [font=courier][color=blue]  doc.getFlowValueOfObsIdAtCurrentTime(obsID)[/color][/font] to retrieve heads from FEFLOW. If required, other API functions addressing available History Charts stored within a dac-file are also available. After you received the heads, you can generate an arbitrary number of group combinations. Plot corresponding graphs and save them as graphic files using external libraries (e.g. matplotlib).
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2019 09:17:46 GMT by Razi Sadath P V Senior Research Fellow
in an unconfined aquifer, observation wells for the hydraulic head should be at top of aquifer or bottom? while checking simulation I notice that first slice have high head value and when I go down it decreases
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2019 09:28:59 GMT by Peter Schätzl
You should try to have the observation wells in the saturated part of the aquifer (in case of using the phreatic or unsaturated option). I'd typically put the observation wells either at the real screen elevation (bottom or center, depending on the case) or on bottom of the aquifer (if it is shallow). Using the top is usually not a good idea.
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2019 05:23:58 GMT by Razi Sadath P V Senior Research Fellow
Thank you so much

You must be signed in to post in this forum.