Posted Thu, 19 May 2011 06:33:05 GMT by Terry CORDONNIER engineer
Hi guys,

I've got a problem to set my boundary condition. I have data for fluid flux in ([b][i][b]m3/s[/b][/i][/b]) and the unit for "Fluid-flux_BC" is in (m/s).
So my question is how to calculate a surface on 3D-view or FEslice-view ??
Or is there another method to put my (m3/s) values to "Fluid-flux-BC" ??

Regards,

Terry
Posted Thu, 19 May 2011 17:05:18 GMT by Alexander Renz
The total influx can be prescribed as a point source using the well-BC (4th kind BC), unit m3/d.
To assign the total inflow along a line (e.g., a border section), you need to calculate the length-specific inflow in m2/d from the length of the section (m) and the total flux (m3/d).
In a 2D model, you can assign this value as a depth integrated boundary condition (m2/d) (in case of an unconfined model, you have to choose the integrated option explicetly).
In a 3D model, you have to calculate the inflowing darcy velocity (m/d) from the length of the section and the depth of the model.
Posted Fri, 20 May 2011 07:10:45 GMT by Terry CORDONNIER engineer
Thank you very much.
I just send a new topic before seeing your answer. Apologize me.
So i understand that there isn't tool to measure a surface !!?

Secondly, reading the "feflow help" i saw that there is a "Pin Coordinate Toolbar" which i don't find in my version 6.0. Maybe there update for this ??

Regards,

Terry
Posted Fri, 20 May 2011 08:39:54 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
'Pin coordinate' is - technically speaking - a toolbar. Practically, however, it only comes up whenever you directly input coordinates, e.g., in the supermesh view when pressing F2 to specify supermesh node coordinates.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.