Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 13:23:31 GMT by Jaromír Svasta
Hello, is it possible to import material properties (flow and transport) from an external file into the whole model at once? I have material distribution made in another software and want to transfer it into Feflow somehow. Any help?
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 01:33:31 GMT by psinton@aquageo.us
yes, via the "link to parameter" option that is available via maps (maps also include ascii data files which don't have to be actual maps, just listings of nodes or elements with multiple parameter specs)
Posted Tue, 06 Nov 2012 08:22:29 GMT by Jaromír Svasta
Thank you for your reply, Pete. I investigated the new functionality of linking properties from GIS, it works fine in 2D. But as soon as I want to assign properties from a three-dimensional map data (a cloud of points), with all the X, Y and Z coordinates properly defined, it fails: After linking with all layers of the model the properties seem to be averaged in the Z direction. Am I doing something wrong or is it intended so? I am using FEFELOW 6.0.
Posted Tue, 06 Nov 2012 13:56:53 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
FEFLOW does not yet support 3D interpolation. Therefore you'd have to sort your data first, and for example include a column containing the corresponding layer number for each point in the data file.
Posted Tue, 06 Nov 2012 14:08:53 GMT by Jaromír Svasta
Thank you!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.