Posted Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:35:46 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Can anything be done to remove/filter/or block the spam posts in the General Forum?
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2007 08:23:50 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
Hi Dwaine,

It's pretty difficult to avaoid spam in the forum completely. Posting is only possible with login now - but the authers even create an account to post their messages. So we currently manually remove the spam and block the respective users. Theoretically it would be possible to require a confirmation of each new user by us before they can post - but that would mean that new users would have to wait up to one day before being able to post their message. I think that's currently not acceptable. As long as there's not much more spam we'll proceed in the current way.

Cheers,
Peter
Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:39:46 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
Due to the increasing number of spam postings, we have decided to change the registration procedure for the forum. Now new users receive an email with a registration link before being able to post in the forum. This seems to be too difficult a step for spammers.

I'm sorry for the fact that now also the hurdle for the registration of our desired users is a little bit higher. I hope this is still acceptable for everybody.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.