Please wait...

Error

Posted Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:52:56 GMT by amelia
Recently I added an additional layer to a model  that I was having some oscillations in.  The vertical refinement helped with the oscillations, but my run times increased significanly.  But more troubling is the .dac files are know taking 15 to 20 minutes to open previously they took about 1 minute.  The size of the files has not increased 15 to 20 times.  Does anyone know why this may be occuring?
Posted Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:17:13 GMT by Dev Reedha Dr.
You can normally control the save settings in the "output control window", e.g., you can specify to save at specific time steps, which would keep your *.dac file a reasonable size. But you probably know that already! I also find it easier to open and explore a dac file in FE Explorer.
Posted Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:58:05 GMT by amelia
Upon more more investigation I realized not only are my .dac files takinga a LONG time to open they are not including the entire run.  Even though the .dac file was being updated every few minutes throughout the run and resulted in a large .dac, only the first 99 iterations were in the .dac file that I opened.  It seems like something is not being written appropriately in the .dac file.  Any ideas?
Posted Thu, 02 Jul 2009 14:30:23 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Some time ago, a bug was detected for dac files with (exactly!) 100 or a multiplier of 100 time steps. This bug has been fixed. Please try to install the latest patch version of FEFLOW.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.