Please wait...

Error

Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2007 04:00:05 GMT by eunee
Hi!

I tried particle tracking in the unsteady condition. But the warning window popped up with the following message.

"insufficient memory available A block of 602081 Kbytes could not be allocated Sorry."

The number of  total element is 73600. It this problem concerned with my computer memory? Should I add the memory in my PC  though it already has 2Gbyte memory? And if I have to, how much? Does time step size in my model also matter?

Posted Fri, 23 Oct 2009 06:41:22 GMT by Franck Hogervorst Senior Adviseur
Hello, this is also my problem, but it appears that no comment has been given since this topic was posted nearly three years ago? Did I miss a button for the follow ups?
Posted Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:32:21 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
The reason for the error message is that by default FEFLOW tries to load the entire results to the memory for transient particle tracking - which is not possible in case of large files. In later FEFLOW versions, after a warning like the one mentioned FEFLOW should continue, but with obtaining the information from the hard disk. This is much slower, but at least allows to do transient particle tracking also for very large files.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.