Posted Mon, 18 May 2009 03:50:29 GMT by shaung
hey guys

i just had a question in terms of when which storage parameter is used and when under each free surface condition.

for example if i choose confined does it ignore storativity completely or does it switch over from compressible to storativity when the head is below the top of the layer.

thanks shaun
Posted Mon, 18 May 2009 06:53:01 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
In confined parts of the model storage compressibility is used, in phreatic parts both storage parameters are applied (but storativity will have the much higher influence).
Posted Thu, 21 May 2009 09:58:47 GMT by shaung
how come when i run a dewatering scenarios looking at sensitivity of storativity in the top layer which is be unconfined, as whater levels are below the top of the layer, i get the same water levels no matter what storativity i use
Posted Wed, 01 Jul 2009 10:47:28 GMT by Christopherus Braun
The storativity will only affect the transient behavour of your system. So if you look at a steady state or a quasi steady state problem (e.g. water levels after a "long" simulation time) the model results will show no difference. So should look at the hydrographs (observation points located in alice 1 or 2) in a transient run. Here you should see differences.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.