Posted Tue, 07 Jul 2015 13:08:57 GMT by Luca Vettorello
Hello,
I'm experiencing several crashes after right-clicking on hydraulic head/temperature charts, in order to export parameter trends.
After a simulation run I'd like to save the results of calculated data-series in different observation points and most of the times (for long period simulations in particular) my PC crashes.
Any idea about possible solutions/workarounds?
Thanks
Posted Tue, 07 Jul 2015 15:18:18 GMT by Björn Kaiser
Thanks for your help to improve FEFLOW.

I tried to reproduce the crash using the same patch (P8). It was not possible.

After the crash is triggered do you get the option to send a bug report? If yes, please send the bug report. Bug reports are directly delivered to the developers.

In the meanwhile, could you please also try to update the driver for the graphic card? Moreover, please try deactivate the hardware acceleration in Global Settings - Graphics. You may access the Global Settings if you click on Tools in the main menu and then on Global Settings. Now, please reproduce the crash. Does the crash still occur?
Posted Tue, 07 Jul 2015 16:03:06 GMT by Luca Vettorello
Thank you for the quick answer.
Sorry, I used a wrong word, the term "crash" is inappropriate for this case.
I should use "freeze" instead.
It's not a typical crash with bug reports, etc., the problem is that my computer doesn't respond to the right click command and after that, it does not respond to any input at all, so then I have to call task manager and quit Feflow.
The hardware acceleration trick is not working.
As soon as possible I'll try to update my graphic card driver.
Thank you again
Posted Wed, 08 Jul 2015 18:40:16 GMT by adacovsk
We've had this exact issue in the past; we were using FEFLOW through Windows Remote Desktop. Updating Windows Remote Desktop and our graphics drivers solved our issues, sure hope your problem is solved too. :-)

Adam

You must be signed in to post in this forum.