Please wait...

Error

Posted Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:10:06 GMT by dvb
In the case of the unconfined model, we should specify the fillable porosity however specific storage option is not turned off. Does it mean it is still used by the model, maybe for the "fix" layers rather than the porosity ?

Cheers !
Posted Mon, 04 Jul 2011 06:47:30 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
FEFLOW uses both storage parameters in unconfined solutions. In unconfined layers, however, drain-/fillable porosity will be way larger than specific storage. Please have a look at the corresponding equations in the Reference Manual (http://www.feflow.info/manuals.html) for details.
Posted Mon, 11 Jul 2011 07:54:17 GMT by dvb
Thanks Peter, can you precise which documents / chapters indicates the formulas I should look at ?
Posted Tue, 12 Jul 2011 06:47:14 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
See, for example, eq. 3-14.
Posted Tue, 12 Jul 2011 07:36:28 GMT by dvb
Thanks Peter but sorry ... does equations doesn't speak a lot to me. Maybe should I reformulate my question: in the case of an unconfined aquifer overlaying a confined aquifer, how do you set up storage and drainable porosity ?

Thanks again for your great support.
Cheers!
Didier
Posted Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:55:02 GMT by dvb
I finally get into equations with the help of colleagues. Maybe the first step is difficult but finally it is very helpful. What we understood is that Feflow takes into account a combination of Sy and Ss, Ss being multiplied by a pressure related term. In my case I estimated that if Ss is under 0.001, it will be negligeable with Sy > 0.1, because the pressure term will be always less than 200 m of water. Is this something that seems reasonnable, without going into details ?

Thanks,
D

You must be signed in to post in this forum.