Posted Fri, 07 Nov 2008 14:10:22 GMT by Gemma
Hi,

I've encountered the strange problem that if I set up the model to use VG modified for the unsaturated zone, then whenever I look at the model with the mesh inspector it switches to Van Genuchten and remains so.

Has anyone else found this bug or a way round it?

Cheers,

Gemma
Posted Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:08:14 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Have you set the new parametric relationship for all elements (Assign - global -  VG modified - model)? Just switching to VG modified does not yet change the parametric relationship used for the model!
Posted Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:02:29 GMT by Gemma
Hi Peter,

Thanks, yes I did assign it globally to the model as you said, but it kept switching back to Van Genuchten later, sometimes whenever I tried to use the mesh inspector, or when I tried to look at the unsaturated properties, after editing the saturated properties.

The only way I have found around the problem is to edit this parameter in the ascii version of the .fem file.  Then it will remain at VG modified.

Thanks,

Gemma
Posted Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:57:01 GMT by Christopherus Braun
Hi,

I had the same problem sometimes. I did not have it lately. Do you use an older version of FEFLOW?
When I had this problem I found that an old trick does work:
Edit the FEM-File (assign the model you want), save the the FEM-File and exit FEFLOW.

Zebra
Posted Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:36:26 GMT by Gemma
Hi Zebra,

Thanks.  The only way I've found to get round it is to edit the ascii text version of the .fem file.  Even if I change the model to the correct type in the Feflow GUI and then save, it still switches...I have version 5.307 at the moment.

Gemma
Posted Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:36:49 GMT by Christopherus Braun
Hi Gemma,

to do the change in the GUI is a little bit tricky:
1. be sure you are in the "assign" mode
2. select the model type
3. click on the "model button" beside the model type button
4. now a number should appear in the "Keyboard request" field. You have to confirm this number (left click in the field and return)

Sometimes you could forget the last topic.

Zebra
Posted Wed, 03 Dec 2008 13:20:59 GMT by lihongyuan225
Hi,
  I didn't have this problem.I have version 5.309 now.Maybe as  Peter said.Maybe you forget to assign or copy it to other layers resulted in that it still switches to Van Genuchten when you look the  model with other layers.You'd better update FEFLOW to check the problem.
      Lhy

You must be signed in to post in this forum.