Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 02:23:14 GMT by uqjzhang
Dear FEFLOW users,

What is the most convinient way to extract water table data out of Head and pressure and visualize it?
I know H = P/rho*g +Z, but what next?

Jim
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:15:24 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Dear Jim,

You can export the head or pressure directly from the 'Data panel' by right-clicking and choosing the 'Export Data' entry. The file menu gives you several file formats (.shp, .dat etc.) to store the data.

Visualizing the water table in phreatic environments is done by plotting the pressure in the current view. I would suggest to use a combination of 3D view and 2D cross-sectional view.
In the 3D case, you can activate the 'Zero Isosurface' of the pressure in the 'View Components', in a 2D cross-section there is a 'Zero Isoline' available. See also the attached picture, where I visualized a strong gradient between an open pit and a river intersected by a sheet piling. Make sure 'Enable Lightning' is active in 3D views.

When you right-click on the 'Zero Isoline' entry in the 'View Components', your are also able to export the plotted isosurface or isolines in different formats  and you can reload them as maps in FEFLOW or other software.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 03:50:36 GMT by marghe
Hi,
is this possible also in the 5.3 version?
Thank you!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.