Please wait...

Error

Posted Sat, 30 Oct 2010 06:44:02 GMT by urdanetawa
Dear members,

I have used several functions trying to update the current Feflow's window after doing a programmatical change (Kxx-zz values) without success such as: IfmUpdateElementExtents(pDoc), IfmInvalidateViewRect(pDoc,0,0,0,0), IfmRedrawView( pDoc ), IfmRedrawDisplay(pDoc), IfmUpdateDisplay( pDoc )

I am using the FEFLOW 6.0 Viewer for this task and I am compiling the app as a module (VS 2008) which is called from the Feflow plug-in manager.

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards Wilson
Posted Fri, 05 Nov 2010 17:26:31 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Dear Wilson,

Any of the IfmSetMat...() functions will cause a GUI update if called from within one of the following callbacks:

PreSimulation
PostSimulation
PreTimeStep
PostTimeStep
PreFlowSimulation
PostFlowSimulation
PreMassSimulation
PostMassSimulation
PreHeatSimulation
PostHeatSimulation
OnEnterSimulator
OnLeaveSimulator
OnEnterProblemEditor
OnLeaveProblemEditor

To find out if it may be necessary (on our side) to cover still more callbacks for this purpose, could I ask which callback is being used in your particular case?

Thanks,
Volker
Posted Wed, 10 Nov 2010 02:13:33 GMT by urdanetawa
Dear Volker,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have been a bit busy dealing with other problems now I am back with this one  :)

At the moment, as we are testing, the module is only being called from the OnActivate callback. I will do some changes to call the module from one of your suggested callbacks and check if that solve my problem.

Now, do you think is OK calling this module from OnActivate? Basically, what I want is to open up a model then call my module (from any adequate callback) use it to edit layers/elements properties and close it.

Thanks for your help,

Wilson

Posted Mon, 22 Nov 2010 11:25:36 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Hi Wilson,

We listened! ;) The next FEFLOW 6.0 patch (#5, due to be released within the next two weeks) will include the necessary IFM code for GUI updating following an IfmSetMat...() call from within the OnActivate() and also the OnEdit() callbacks. You should not have to modify your own code at all.

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers,
Volker
Posted Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:33:06 GMT by urdanetawa
Volker,

Thanks for your time and effort. I am looking forward for the release of this new patch.

Greate work!

Regards,

Wilson
PS: Some changes have been made to the original post, please accept my apologies.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.