Please wait...

Error

Posted Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:20:59 GMT by Silverbrook
Hi,

I am using Feflow 5.4 and I need to import many wells (100+) all of which have time varying IDs associated with them. Is there any way to do this in one go? i.e. a importing a correctly formated .pow file? The IDs are already imported, but I have the raw pump data if that is necessary.

Thanks,

SB
Posted Wed, 02 Jun 2010 05:57:23 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
SB,

you would need two files for the import:
1. A pow file with all the time series
2. Another file (trp, shp, ...) with the coordinates of the wells and the corresponding time-series (powerfunction) ID.
First import the time-series (powerfunctions). The import of the wells then can be done with Assign - Database - Import powerfunction ID - Well BC - Automatic (FEFLOW 5.4) or by linking the loaded map file (trp, shp, ...) to the well boundary condition and applying the 'Neighborhood Relationship' regionalization.
Please note that in FEFLOW 5.4 you should not have more than one well in the vicinity of the same node. At import, you would get the pumping rate only of the last well imported. In FEFLOW 6.0 using the Neighborhood Relationship, you can choose to sum the pumping rates of all neighboring well onto the closest mesh node.

BR
Peter
Posted Wed, 02 Jun 2010 15:43:23 GMT by Silverbrook
Thanks. That works!

[quote author=Peter Schätzl link=topic=807.msg1968#msg1968 date=1275458243]
SB,

you would need two files for the import:
1. A pow file with all the time series
2. Another file (trp, shp, ...) with the coordinates of the wells and the corresponding time-series (powerfunction) ID.
First import the time-series (powerfunctions). The import of the wells then can be done with Assign - Database - Import powerfunction ID - Well BC - Automatic (FEFLOW 5.4) or by linking the loaded map file (trp, shp, ...) to the well boundary condition and applying the 'Neighborhood Relationship' regionalization.
Please note that in FEFLOW 5.4 you should not have more than one well in the vicinity of the same node. At import, you would get the pumping rate only of the last well imported. In FEFLOW 6.0 using the Neighborhood Relationship, you can choose to sum the pumping rates of all neighboring well onto the closest mesh node.

BR
Peter
[/quote]

You must be signed in to post in this forum.