Posted Fri, 15 Sep 2006 19:35:15 GMT by Colin Walker, M.Sc., P.Geo Hydrogeologist
Hello,
I'm trying to familiarize myself with FEFLOW, and attempting to model a refined area using an existing regional model. Is there a way to export data (z-coordinates, K-data, head output) from a limited area as defined by a polygon? Or alternatively, having exported that data for the whole model, is there a way to import only the data within the polygon I have defined? Thanks!
Posted Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:29:40 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
hi!
i've found out that once the screen is in zoom on part of the model than only the point/polygons which show on the screen are exported.
it may be a bug in the FEFLOW code  ::), but it can be useful for you.
so, you should focus on the area (rectangle) you want to study and then do the export procedure.

Elad Dafny
Posted Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:40:17 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
I know that exporting only the visible part of the screen looks like a bug, but it has been intended as functionality...
Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:13:06 GMT by Colin Walker, M.Sc., P.Geo Hydrogeologist
Excellent! A great help, and thank-you. I learned also that ArcView can read the data and export data within a specified polygon. 

In the end, my application was to import the data on to a supermesh that was smaller than the original domain, and any data outside of the supermesh appears to have dissapeared.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.