Posted Tue, 09 Mar 2021 11:58:36 GMT by Kimberlyn Demierres
Hi again! I have some files .dxf that I exported from leapfrog. Those files are the geometry of the hydrogeological units (UH) of my model. I want to assign hydraulic conductivy according this geometry (and not according the layers of my model, because the UH have different geometries that layers), but I don't know how to select the nodes or elements inside the geometry of UH to assign material properties.

I read you! Thanks! 
Posted Wed, 10 Mar 2021 03:39:36 GMT by Igor Pavlovskii Dalhousie University Post-Doctoral Fellow
While I am not aware of the way to assign properties based on fully 3D dxfs (i.e. with closed volumes) , I see two alternative solutions:
[b]Var A[/b] Export element centroids from FeFlow mesh and sample ("evaluate") Leapfrog volumes on these points in full 3D. Then add numeric attributes to points based on sampled geology in some GIS software (e.g. "Sand" => 1E-3), import them back into feflow and use standard "link to parameter" workflow
Note that you may need to import centroids into Leapfrog as points (as opposed to GIS object) to enable evaluation

[b]Var B[/b] Use hydrogeology add-on for Leapfrog that allows direct conversion from a geological model into a feflow model
Posted Mon, 22 Mar 2021 21:18:16 GMT by Kimberlyn Demierres
Thank you! I have a question, how can I export the element centroids from Feflow to evaluate in Leapfrog?
Posted Tue, 23 Mar 2021 07:44:46 GMT by Peter Schätzl Grundwassermodellierer
Export any elemental property 'As Center' from the data panel.
Posted Tue, 23 Mar 2021 13:59:13 GMT by Kimberlyn Demierres
And once I've evaluated in LEapfrog, how can I use the "link to parameter" workflow to assign Kxx? I have five columns: X, Y, Ele, UH, Kxx (X,Y, Ele describes the position of nodes; UH and Kxx the property), but I don't know the slice/ number of element. I load the file .xlsx but Kxx doesn't assign...
Posted Tue, 23 Mar 2021 21:13:30 GMT by Igor Pavlovskii Dalhousie University Post-Doctoral Fellow
The exported element centroids should have had both element and layer numbers
You need to preserve these fields during evaluation and export from Leapfrog.
Given that you have mentioned .xlsx, I think you may have deleted these during one of intermediate steps

You must be signed in to post in this forum.