Posted Thu, 28 Jul 2016 12:28:32 GMT by Christian Helweg
Hello Feflow. If I understand the BASD technique correctly, hydraulic parameters like Kx are moved vertically between cells during computation so that the original absolute position is reflected. However, it seems that multilayer wells are not moved ?. I have a case where it seems my multilayer well has ended up in a clay layer due to BASD. I suppose that this is because I have selected almost all my slices to be dependent. In my case it seems that the necessary downward adjustment is distributed to all dependent slices. Is this the way it is done ?. I suppose that in many applications this is a good solution which gives well distributed slices but in my case it causes problems. Are there any way to only move the slices directly affected from above ??. This would give a number of thin layers in the top, but it would keep my boundary conditions in position.

Best regards Christian
Posted Thu, 28 Jul 2016 12:57:39 GMT by Christian Helweg
Could it be a solution to set the slice above my well to confined ?. will the only effect of this be that the slice is kept fixed ?
Posted Thu, 28 Jul 2016 13:16:25 GMT by Björn Kaiser
In principle you may set the layer to confined to keep the geometry as long as this setting represents the natural architecture of your domain you investigate. Another conceptualization is to use the phreatic approach or unsaturated flow.
Posted Fri, 29 Jul 2016 08:32:54 GMT by Christian Helweg
Ok. Thank you Bjorn.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.