Posted Mon, 14 Nov 2011 02:22:58 GMT by b
hello,
i was using '1D linear interpolation' to generate constant-head boundary conditions along a river (FeFlow Classic). after river elevations at start point A and B were assigned, a*.shp (or *.lin) was used to join and the method of '1D linear interpolation' was used to generate the values for those nodes along the river between A and B. i checked the interpolated values after interpolation and found at some nodes the interpolated values were actually greater than the values at either A or B. in another word, the interpolated river elevations were 'mounded' somewhere between A and B. i was wondering what may cause this problem. were those node elevations (i.e. river bed topography) considered during the interpolation? your help is greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance

Posted Mon, 14 Nov 2011 03:40:29 GMT by b
i think i figured it out. the value of 'snap distance' under the '1D linear interpolation' caused the problem. reduced 'snap distance' value to make sure only two river elevation values at point A and point B would be used for interpolation (i.e. excluding any existing constant-head values that were previously assigned along the river but outside the river segment A-B).

b

You must be signed in to post in this forum.