Posted Fri, 12 May 2017 16:37:20 GMT by Luis Serrano Geologist
Hi,
I have tried to use multilayer well BC, First I select  join-edge, after Double-click into the input box of the Editor toolbar that is now in Multilayer-Well assignment mode to open the Multilayer Well Editor dialog, but no valid selection (please see picture)

Thanks
Posted Mon, 15 May 2017 20:41:30 GMT by adacovsk
Try Select Edges, that works for me, at least in version 7.0 update 10. It's a bit nitpicky when trying to select an edge in plan view because it often picks the top slice edge instead of the vertex of the element.

I have a question myself (sorry for hijacking):

Regarding saturated-unsaturated flow conditions, how do I go about constraining the multi-layer well to prevent it from oscillating when dewatering? Seems like the only option is to use seepage face boundary conditions instead.

Thanks,

Adam
Posted Tue, 16 May 2017 08:54:15 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Here's what I do to avoid selecting slice edges as well: I use selection of join edges, and then convert them to edges after selection via the context menu of the current join edge selection. Same the other way round for seleting edges in a slice only.

I guess I should add [22 May 2017] that in FEFLOW 7.1 there's a selector for selecting both slice and join edges, or only one of the types when selecting edges. You find the switch on top of the current view window.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.