Posted Fri, 03 Nov 2006 14:48:43 GMT by Stefanie Kubitza
Hi people!
I hope you can give me some advice. I have generated a flow model by using only 1 supermesh. This model is probably supposed to be expanded laterally (larger study area). How can I extend the study area without the need for generate the finite-element mesh again?
I didn´t find any possibility to change the superelement´s size od add superelements while keeping the already created finite-element mesh.

Thank you!

Stefanie
Posted Fri, 03 Nov 2006 14:58:38 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
There's currently no possibility for expanding an existing model besides stretching existing elements and then refining them, which is only a workaround for small extensions. If you know that an extension will be necessary later, you could think about creating a larger mesh from the beginning, adding one or more additional superelements. Before doing the first simulations, you can then delete the additonal part. Such a procedure would make sure that for the second stage of the project (with extension) the elements are exactly the same as for the first stage.
Posted Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:17:02 GMT by Stefanie Kubitza
Thanks for your advice Peter!
Yet we don´t know the extension of the future model. Thus we decided to generate the small modell, export parameters and geometry and import those issues later. Here appeared a new problem, for which I´ll open a new topic.

Stefanie

You must be signed in to post in this forum.