Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2018 07:27:23 GMT by hidromatrix
Hi All,

I've made a plugin that is presenting different behaviors between the debug and release profiles.
I suspect that this may be due to compiler optimization settings.

Would you know whether these settings are different between profiles? What else is different?

Thanks

Eduardo
Posted Mon, 03 Sep 2018 11:54:50 GMT by Björn Kaiser
Theoretically, a debug and a release can be behave different with regard to e.g. numerical noise, uninitialized memory read. However, a different behavior is quite exceptional. Which API functions and callbacks are you using? Please let me also know the Operating System, FEFLOW version and compiler.
Posted Mon, 03 Sep 2018 11:56:50 GMT by Björn Kaiser
In which range (numbers) do you encounter the difference and for which variable / BC / material property? Is it outside the numercial noise?
Posted Wed, 05 Sep 2018 02:26:18 GMT by hidromatrix
Hi Bjorn,

Using windows 10 and FEFLOW6.2/64 bits.
I'm having problems with the pointers from the MNW functions. The plugin have been using the pointer info before it is populated in my plugin, which makes me think that the compiler optimization has somehow changed the sequence of commands. As a result, lots of NaN's, negative node indexes and strange numbers appears throughout the model run. When I use it with the debug version, it works perfectly without any problem.
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2018 10:56:53 GMT by Björn Kaiser
Thanks for the note.

Could you please provide a snippet of your code which is causing the problem?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.