Please wait...

Error

Posted Thu, 02 Jul 2009 09:57:40 GMT by phuongthuy1205
Dear all,

I'm now importing the elevation into slices (assign, database) using Kriging method. There automatically appears "variogram and spherical model", but I find the variogram doesn't fit so good the data. How can I change the variogram to have a better function?

One more question: How do you choose the method of regionalization (among Kriging, Akima,...)?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Thuy.
Posted Thu, 02 Jul 2009 14:27:17 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
You choose the method by clicking the corresponding radio button in the regionalization dialog. The variogram computation for Kriging is fixed. If you need to modify the variogram, I'd recommend to do the interpolation in external geostatistical software, create a raster with many points and 'import' the values back to FEFLOW, using simple inverse distance weighting with only onei neighbor.
Posted Sat, 04 Jul 2009 22:47:42 GMT by phuongthuy1205
Thank you very much!
Posted Sat, 04 Jul 2009 23:59:27 GMT by phuongthuy1205
Dear Mr. Peter Schätzl,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I want to ask again my second question: How do you choose the method of regionalization (among Kriging, Akima,...)? I mean that how do you know which method is better for your regionalization.

I hope you could give me some suggestions.

With best regards,
Thuy.
Posted Thu, 09 Jul 2009 08:44:07 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
This is a difficult question. On the one hand, you can decide based on the result (practical approach), i.e., you do the interpolation and check the result for plausibility. On the other hand, you can try do a more theoretically based decision. For this, please refer to related literature about geostatistics.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.