Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 08:07:31 GMT by Blair Thornburrow Groundwater Modeller
I need to export a time series of transient fluid fluxes across defined horizontal/vertical planes inside my model domain.  The purpose is to evaluate exchanges between various modelled aquifers, which are limited in extent. 

This was possible in the classic interface but not in 6.1.  Unless I am missing something?

I cannot open my DAC file in the classic interface because it uses new functionality only available in 6.1
Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2013 20:58:16 GMT by psinton@aquageo.us
Did you find an answer? You use the flow rate and flow volume panels for this.  They have two selections, a DOI selection of elements to define the main focus of the calculation, and an MD selection which is used to further focus the computation on, for example, element faces that the two selections share.

It would have been nice if instead they'd set this up using a process similar to the face-selection method used for discrete features.
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2013 00:35:17 GMT by Blair Thornburrow Groundwater Modeller
Thanks for explaining this feature.  However, I still don't see a way to export these results as time series.

I ended up modifying my model for 6.0 compatibility (6.1 uses a slightly different in/outflow expression format) and using the classic flux analyser, which lets you export time series.
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2013 05:22:42 GMT by psinton@aquageo.us
time series is done through "flow volume", so to get transient rates you divide by the time step.  the new flux calculator is more accurate than the old one because it only deals with element faces.  the old flux analyzer does not have this capability, so you have to watch out for artifacts introduced by poor interpolation.
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2013 07:38:57 GMT by Blair Thornburrow Groundwater Modeller
I compared the two methods at a few time steps and they are close (<1% difference).

I still can't find a way to export a time series of flow volume.  With Period Budget, you can check the "Export" box and it saves a file, but this is not an option in the Flow Volume tab.  Does anyone from WASY care to explain why this feature is not available?
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2013 17:35:54 GMT by psinton@aquageo.us
can you export if your right-click in the panel?
Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2013 00:50:11 GMT by Blair Thornburrow Groundwater Modeller
Negative...
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:42:06 GMT by Javier Gonzalez
I would be looking forward to this feature be available in the near future...It would be great if we could have the feedback from the support team ..
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 15:26:55 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Hi there,

I put both feature requests (definition of DOI/MD and export of time series from flow panels) on the wishlist of 6.2, so our developers can decide whether they will implement them. Currently, there is no export for the internal budgets possible.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.