Please wait...

Error

Posted Thu, 04 Aug 2011 04:44:39 GMT by Terry CORDONNIER engineer
Hello everybody,

After running my model (20 years ; step max 30 days) i saw a Balance in my budget panel really negative as you can see on the image linked.
So it's mean that my model is going to be empty....
Firstly, i do not understand how it's possible to get more outflows (hydraulic Heads BCs) than all the inflows (Fluidflux and in/out flow on top/bottom) ??

Secondly, i don't know which way or what i have to change to obtain a balance near to 0 ????

Regards,

Terry
Posted Fri, 05 Aug 2011 07:45:59 GMT by dvb
Just to be sure ... it seems like your recharge is in the order of 3000 mm/y (I divided Neumann by the model area). Is this realistic ? Also you may try the in/out flow from top function instead of the flux (Neumann) boundary type. It is less complicate to manage.

Also you may try to figure out if the error message (invalide pointeur, hidden layer porosity thing, etc) are important for the quality of the model.

Good luck !
Posted Fri, 05 Aug 2011 08:52:29 GMT by dvb
Just looking at your previous post. Is this budget with salinity option ON ? Maybe you can try to turn it OFF and check if your discrepancy is still that high ?
Good luck !
Cheers
Did
Posted Thu, 01 Sep 2011 06:31:46 GMT by Terry CORDONNIER engineer
Sorry Did, i just see your answer.
First 3000 mm/y is realist for the modeled region.
Secondly, i will try to put "in/out flow on top" instead of "Fluid flux" and watch the difference..
This Budget is without salinity option.

Thank you very much!!
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2011 04:08:31 GMT by psinton@aquageo.us
This is a transient model, the negative balance number means there is water removed from the model volume, and amount of inflow is not enough to maintain the original volume of water in the model.  The water levels in your model should be declining.  Eventually, the water levels should stabilize; it is possible that the model will dry out.  If the water levels are not declining (unchanging or oscillating up/down or rising) then your model is probably unstable and has a major problem that needs fixing before it will work properly.  An important factor is the initial water levels you specified.

Pete

You must be signed in to post in this forum.