Posted Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:21:20 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
:(
I tried several times to export a supermesh created in Feflow to a shapefile. I get no error message, but nothing happends. The same to ply-file. Only the export to dxf and to poly worked, but I need a shp-file. The import of the DXF into ESRI-GIS also didn't worked. Is there a bug in Feflow concerning this export of smh-files or am I doing somethig wrong? I tried to export a simple smh-rectangle and it dind't work.

I would appreciate any help. Tks. in advance 
Posted Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:53:36 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
That sounds similar to what happend to me recently.

I used the SMH tools to create a number of polygons then exported these into a polygon file. On one computer, it worked perfectly. On another, I see a DOS window flash by followed by a message box confirming the export. However, no polygon file is created.

I haven't had time to follow through on this to figure it out.
Posted Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:23:41 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
Which version of FEFLOW did you use for the export? I just tried with the current 5.301 and it seemed to work fine.
Posted Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:32:52 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Hello Peter,

I am using 5.207 Version and just tried again because I try to start a PEST calibration and I wanted to use the created polygons. I have them in smh and shp format but no ply.
Posted Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:09:24 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
Could you please try with the latest patch FEFLOW 5.09? You can download it from [url=http://www.wasy.de/english/produkte/feflow/download_ov.html]http://www.wasy.de/english/produkte/feflow/download_ov.html[/url]. In my case both shp and ply export worked fine.
Posted Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:26:45 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Many tks for the hint. I just try it out and write again afterwards.
I downloaded the Patch No. 9 and after installing it and restarting Feflow the export function works.
Tks again for the rapid support. :)
Posted Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:44:44 GMT by Laurie Neilson
Hi,
I am a new Feflow user (working with FeFlow 5.3) and am having problems exporting my finite element mesh to an ESRI shapefile. 
It looks like this was an old problem and perhaps has been resolved.
When I chose file, export filter finite element problem the only filetype option is ".net".  I also get a blank FeFlow error message when I try it.

Laurie

Posted Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:58:16 GMT by Alexander Renz
You should rather use the mesh export option that is available for example in the "Halt&View Results" dialog of the postprocessor or when using the "special" tool in the flow intials.

In the red box on the lower right, hit the "Mesh" button and choose file name or file type.
Posted Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:39:32 GMT by Laurie Neilson
:)  OK, that works!  Thanks for your reply.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.