Posted Thu, 05 Apr 2018 04:13:07 GMT by Jarrah Muller Civil Engineer
Is there a way to start the PEST server with Windows?

Maybe a batchfile command that opens FePEST and starts the server?

If not, could you make a PEST server Service that runs with Windows in the background without needing user interaction? I'd like to know that certain modelling computers in my organisation were always ready to accept PEST runs.
Posted Mon, 14 May 2018 23:33:45 GMT by adacovsk
Yes, you can do this. I use PSTools to do it. I set up two scripts. list.txt contains IPs of workstations, and User and Pass123 are the username and password, respectively.

[code]
@SETLOCAL
@path=M:\Admin\PSTools\;%path%
psexec @list.txt -u User -p Pass123 -c -f M:\Admin\schtasks\schtasksFePEST.bat
@ENDLOCAL
[/code]
[code]

schtasks /create /tn FePESTServer /SC ONSTART /RU User /RP Pass123 /F /TR "\"C:\Program Files\WASY\FEFLOW 6.2\bin64\fepest62.exe\" -mode=server"
reg.exe add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DHI-WASY\FEFLOW Parameter Estimation" /v "port" /t REG_DWORD /d 4051 /f
reg.exe add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DHI-WASY\FEFLOW Parameter Estimation" /v "PestPath" /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\PEST Utilities\pest\pest.exe" /f
reg.exe add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DHI-WASY\FEFLOW Parameter Estimation" /v "Addreg1Path" /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\PEST Utilities\pest\addreg1.exe" /f
reg.exe add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DHI-WASY\FEFLOW Parameter Estimation" /v "PlprocPath" /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\PEST Utilities\plproc\plproc32.exe" /f
reg.exe add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DHI-WASY\FEFLOW Parameter Estimation" /v "BeopestPath" /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\PEST Utilities\pest\beopest32.exe" /f
reg.exe add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DHI-WASY\FEFLOW Parameter Estimation" /v "PpcovPath" /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\PEST Utilities\gwutils\ppcov.exe" /f
[/code]

Big caveat is that the slaves tend to stop working after one use and the workstations need to be rebooted. Furthermore, the versions all have to be the same across all workstations.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.