Posted Tue, 26 May 2015 14:58:54 GMT by Ivar Soares Urdalen
Hi

I would like to use top-level parameters in the influent tool. Is that possible?

I have total P measurements, and I want to estimate the S_PO based on i_P_X_S, i_P_S_F, i_P_X_I, etc.
Posted Tue, 26 May 2015 15:19:56 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
I don't understand why you would like to use [b]top-level parameters[/b] in this context.
Top-level parameters are generally used a) to 'promote' parameters that are common to multiple blocks, to the top-level or b) in the scope of a "coupled model", to expose sub-model parameters to the top-level.

What would you like to achieve exactly in your case?
Posted Sat, 30 May 2015 09:11:50 GMT by Ivar Soares Urdalen
I am trying to use the same composition parameters for phosphorus in the influent model as in the activated sludge reactors.

iP_BM, iP_Xs, iP_Xi, iP_Sf

I see many other papers have used that assumption.

I am trying to apply ASM2d model to greywater and I have strong evidence that the phosphorus composition that is set up in the ASM report need to be adjusted for the greywater model.

iP_BM = 0.02 mg P/mg COD
iP_Xs, iP_Xi, iP_Sf = 0.01 mg P/mg COD

Now I have linked this parameter for the influent model to the bioreactors.
Posted Sat, 30 May 2015 12:42:27 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
That is perfectly possible.
But the default ASM2 fractionation model in WEST does not use those parameters: you will need to modify the model first, in order for the same parameters (e.g. i_P_BM) to be available both for the influent and ASU blocks.
I guess, you could add a variable ("V", algebraic state var) "organic P", computed on the basis of those fractions.

Then, yes, you can create a set of top-level parameters linked to the influent and to the ASU models.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.