Posted Fri, 02 Jun 2017 11:52:15 GMT by Luís Roque Silva Lopes
Parameters of secondary decanters,

Good afternoon, I'm using the standard parameters of the secondary decanters that exist in the WEST, however my affluent has the high particulate fraction (75% - 79% of XCOD), and I find very low TSS values in the treated effluent.

Is there any paper / article that I can find information about sedimentation conditions due to the fractionation of the effluent, or other similar situations?

Thank you,
Luís
Posted Fri, 02 Jun 2017 12:52:32 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
[quote author=Luís Roque Silva Lopes link=topic=20174.msg26064#msg26064 date=1496404335]
I'm using the standard parameters of the secondary decanters that exist in the WEST, however my affluent has the high particulate fraction (75% - 79% of XCOD), and I find very low TSS values in the treated effluent
[/quote]
I guess it's fair to say this is a typical situation in which you need to [b]calibrate the model[/b] on your experimental data

[quote author=Luís Roque Silva Lopes link=topic=20174.msg26064#msg26064 date=1496404335]
Is there any paper / article that I can find information about sedimentation conditions due to the fractionation of the effluent, or other similar situations?
[/quote]
I am sure there's plenty of literature on the subject.
I am not an expert in this area - maybe other users can provide their input?
Otherwise, I suggest you to run a search on one of the scientific engines available
Posted Fri, 02 Jun 2017 12:58:00 GMT by Luís Roque Silva Lopes
Thanks for the information

You must be signed in to post in this forum.