Posted Tue, 09 Jun 2015 12:46:41 GMT by Moses
I have got an issue after simulating the model.I'm using secondary clarifier Takacs_SVI, I got X_under and Q_under _Actual values are 0 g/m3 while there is concentration value of X_in and X_Out also Q_in = Q_out and X_layer 6 up to 10 has zero value in secondary settler. Q_under in the secondary settler is connected with input file of under flow with consistent unit (m3/d) but all variables in the connected flow spliter with secondary settler is zero after simulation. The flow spliter is connected with expected waste sludge flow input file. What might be the problem? Other flow spliter in the model has variable values.
Regards
Moses
Posted Tue, 09 Jun 2015 14:13:04 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
I am not sure I fully understand.
Is it that the flow splitter connected to the underflow of the clarifier does not receive any input - and the bottom layers of the clarifier show zero concentration?
What kind of plant layout are you using? Can you briefly list the values for the key parameters?
Posted Tue, 09 Jun 2015 14:34:33 GMT by Moses
Dear Enrico
Its true that the flow splitter is connected to the underflow of the secondary clarifier does not receive any input from secondary clarifier. It's true that the bottom layer of the clarifier shows zero concentration. I'm using ASM2dModTemp.
For secondary clarifier key parameters

X_In=7.963 g/m3
X_Out=29.516 g/m3
X_Under=0 g/m3

Q_In=285702.5 m3/d
Q_Out=285702.5 m3/d
Q_Under_Actual=0 m3/d

Q_Under is variable (i.e. connected to the input file), Area=7200 m2 and Height=6.1 m

For flow splitter there is only values for Q_Out2 which are variable (i.e connected to the input file for waste sludge.)
Regards
Moses
Posted Tue, 09 Jun 2015 15:00:31 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
[quote author=Moses link=topic=2491.msg5788#msg5788 date=1433860473]
Q_In=285702.5 m3/d
Q_Out=285702.5 m3/d
Q_Under_Actual=0 m3/d
[/quote]

If that is the case, then it's perfectly correct that the flow splitter, connected to the sludge extraction terminal of the SST, shows no input.
What is unclear is:
[list]
[li]why do you have Q_Under_Actual = 0 ?[/li]
[li]why is X_In <> X_Out, if X_Under =0 ?[/li]
[/list]
To answer the first question, you should look at how do you set Q_Under (via a controller?) and what are the values?
For the second question: are you working with 2014 Sp2 ? (please check via the "i" blue button, on the top-right corner)
Posted Wed, 10 Jun 2015 08:58:26 GMT by Moses
It's now working well, I think the problem was secondary clarifier was name as SST_1 while I was using SST_2. Once I changed it all the results came out well.

[i]have another issue now - will create a separate thread for it[/i]

Regards
Moses
Posted Wed, 10 Jun 2015 09:32:20 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Good that you managed to solve this.
But how did it happen that the name (internal name) of the block changed from "SST_1" to "SST_2" ?
This may hide an underlying issue that may pop up at a later stage ..
Posted Wed, 10 Jun 2015 10:09:38 GMT by Moses
Dear Enrico
I noticed that SST_1 was not working at the first stage, I decided to delete and drag new SST so that it was recorded as SST_2.
Thanks
Moses

You must be signed in to post in this forum.