Posted Mon, 25 May 2015 18:45:42 GMT by Ivar Soares Urdalen
Hi

Is it possible to do a sensitivity analysis or parameter estimation of X_I in the influent?

X_I has a huge influence on the TSS in the bioreactors, I would like run a sensitivity analysis and parameter estimation against the TSS in the reactors.

I have done parameter estimation and sensitivity analysis of other parameters, but I cant get it to work with the influent variables for steady state simulation.

Is it possible? Do I have to make it a Top-Level Parameter?
Posted Tue, 26 May 2015 08:10:10 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
[quote author=ivarurdalen link=topic=2471.msg5704#msg5704 date=1432579542]
Is it possible to do a sensitivity analysis or parameter estimation of X_I in the influent?
[/quote]
Not directly on X_I because this is a variable - and Sensitivity Analysis, like any of the Virtual Experiments, can only use [b]model parameters[/b] as degrees of freedom.
So you could define a (fractionation) parameter "[b]f_XI[/b]" (i.e. X_I fraction of ..) and use this for the Sensitivity Analysis.
Posted Tue, 26 May 2015 18:30:49 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
[quote author=Enrico Remigi link=topic=2471.msg5708#msg5708 date=1432627810]
.. Sensitivity Analysis, like any of the Virtual Experiments, can only use [b]model parameters[/b] as degrees of freedom.
[/quote]
This was not entirely true, sorry.

Also [b]input variables[/b] and [b]initial conditions[/b] can be used as 'variables' in the scope of a Virtual Experiment.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.