Posted Tue, 14 Mar 2017 16:50:11 GMT by Jialu ZHU
Hi,
I have a problem when I tried to add a parameter (one of parameter variable in the array of parameters variables) as a top level parameter.

The message showed by WEST is: [b]<<Cannot create a top-level parameter linked to the variable ‘D_i (H2O)’: it is of type vector. >>. [/b]

The model which I work with is a model modified from tricklingfilter1D (biofilm). So I also tried to do the same thing to tricklingfilter1D (the original one) and I had the same results.

Can you tell me how to solve this problem? It seems to me that we have problem for adding a parameter variable which belongs to an array of parameters variables in the top level parameters?

Please see the attachment for more information.

Thank you very much.
Best regards
Posted Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:01:40 GMT by Filip Claeys
Top-level parameters can only be created for scalars. Vectors are indeed not supported in this context.

Maybe you can add an extra scalar parameter to your model, assign it to the desired vector element inside your model code, and then create a top-level parameter association for this extra scalar parameter?

[ In the upcoming WEST 2017 release, there will be another way around this, i.e. through the new concept of "top-level equations" ]
Posted Thu, 16 Mar 2017 06:59:04 GMT by Jialu ZHU
Hi Filip,

Thank you very much for your help. I will try your suggestions for my model.

Best regards

Jialu ZHU

You must be signed in to post in this forum.