Posted Wed, 08 Feb 2017 12:55:28 GMT by Yohannis Mitiku student
Hi,

How I could decouple anaerobic digester transformers from the digester?
Posted Wed, 08 Feb 2017 13:12:54 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hi,
it's actually much simpler than what you may think :)
The standard ADM1 digester model, called FixVolumeADU, is what, in the scope of WEST, is termed a [b]coupled model[/b] which means a 'super' model consisting of two or more sub-models.

The FixVolumeADU is associated to the digester icon:
[code](* icon = "anaerobic_digester" *)[/code]

and is made of 3 sub-models:
[code]  sub_models <-
  {
    OBJ Trans_In : ASM1toADM1 ;
    OBJ Tank : ADM1_Digester ;
    OBJ Trans_Out : ADM1toASM1 ;
  };
[/code]

The [b]ADM1_Digester[/b] is the model you are looking for, i.e. the ADM1 digester model stripped of the incoming and outgoing interfaces. But it's presently [b]not 'exposed' in the WEST GUI[/b] for the digester icon.

All you need to do is to hook it to the digester icon, as follows.

[u]Now[/u]:
[code]CLASS ADM1_Digester EXTENDS ADM1_DigesterConversionModel WITH
[/code]

[u]Change to[/u]:
[code]CLASS ADM1_Digester (* icon = "anaerobic_digester" *) EXTENDS ADM1_DigesterConversionModel WITH
[/code]
Posted Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:47:54 GMT by Youri Amerlinck
If you do so, would you then be able to connect it to combiners and splitters?
Posted Thu, 09 Feb 2017 13:27:01 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
As long as the [b]data type of the terminals[/b] are compatible, i.e. carry the same vector of state components.
I could envisage two alternatives:
[list type=decimal]
[li]you will be working in ASM1 (i.e. ADM1 is a sub-category)[/li]
[li]you will create a new instance that uses ADM1 as primary category[/li]
[/list]

[u]Alternative #1[/u]: you could combine a number of digesters (in series or in other configurations) and use the transformers (from/to ASM1) to connect this 'sludge treatment section' to the rest of the plant.
Evidently, if you should need combiners and splitters, you will need to implement suitable classes in the model library - that use ADM1 type terminals instead of the standard In- and OutWWTPTerminal types which carry the main state vector (remember: ADM1 is a sub-category here!)

[u]Alternative #2[/u]: we've been discussing this in the other thread: "Anaerobic reactor with multiple compartments with ADM1".
As soon as the ADM1 Category is the main category of the new Instance, all standard models (or the large majority of) will be usable.
Posted Mon, 13 Feb 2017 20:05:48 GMT by Yohannis Mitiku student
Hi,

I decoupled the transformers, but I didn't notice the result differences between coupled and uncouupled transformers.  I am wroking on it to see if I made mistakes.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.