Posted Wed, 26 Jul 2017 10:54:02 GMT by giacomo.bellandi
Hi,

I'm using WEST16, I changed the influent model and initialized the influent block without problems.
However, this error (see subject) occurs when I try to link the influent icon with the next block.

Thanks,
Giacomo
Posted Wed, 26 Jul 2017 11:39:23 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hi Giacomo,
the problem seems to be that you are attempting to link a vector with 24 elements (from the Influent block) to one with 26.
You probably need to check that the data type of the "in" terminal of the block downstream to the Influent uses the correct state vector, i.e. the Components vector of the selected Instance.
Posted Wed, 26 Jul 2017 13:03:46 GMT by giacomo.bellandi
Hi Enrico,

thanks. I tried to figure it out but seems that I'm missing a step. Let me explain in bullet list what I've been doing. I need to pass a project from ASM2dChemTemp to ASMG2d:
[list]
[li]i changed kinetic model from the block library setup[/li]
[li]i changed the influent model to the correct one needed for ASMG2d[/li]
[li]the connection with the block downstream from the influent (is a sensor measuring the flow rate) disappeared[/li]
[li]trying to rebuild this connection gives the error in subject[/li]
[/list]

From where can I do what you were suggesting?

Thanks,
Giacomo
Posted Wed, 26 Jul 2017 14:03:46 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hi Giacomo,
[quote author=giacomo.bellandi link=topic=20591.msg26587#msg26587 date=1501074226]
.. from ASM2dChemTemp to ASMG2d ..
.. the connection with the block downstream from the influent (is a sensor measuring the flow rate) disappeared ..
[/quote]

It seems as if the model associated with the sensor in ASM2dChemTemp is not defined for or is incompatible with ASMG2d.
Did you regenerate the Influent Model? This is necessary to create an output vector that is compatible with the new Instance (i.e. has the correct cardinality).

If the problem persists, then there may be an issue with the model code for the sensor.
Using the Model Editor, you should make sure that the In- (and Out) terminal uses the right Component vector.

Posted Tue, 01 Aug 2017 13:25:33 GMT by giacomo.bellandi
Hi Enrico,

indeed I think the problem lays in the model library I'm using, but it's not only  problem of the sensor block. This is a customized library that I received from someone else.

Using this customized model library:
I can regenerate the Influent Model only if disconnected from the rest. After this, if I try to connect the Influent block to any other block it returns the error. Even if I try to connect it to an ASM (and nothing else), this gives again the error.

I tried to do the same using a standard library in a new project starting from ASMG2d and it gives no problem to generate the influent and connect it to something else.

What do you suggest to do?

Thanks!
Giacomo
Posted Tue, 01 Aug 2017 14:45:47 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
[quote author=giacomo.bellandi link=topic=20591.msg26604#msg26604 date=1501593933]
I tried to do the same using a standard library in a new project starting from ASMG2d and it gives no problem to generate the influent and connect it to something else[/quote]

I am afraid the only thing I can suggest is to conduct a thorough, step-wise debug of your library: it's a lengthy process but it's the only way you will be able to spot the mistake.
Posted Wed, 02 Aug 2017 06:19:01 GMT by giacomo.bellandi
Hi,

new edit:
the influent model should be generating 26 components and these are all listed in the “wwtp.definitionsASMG2dTemp.msl”

However, when loading the influent model, the error in attach appears. Saying "yes" (only choice if you want to use that model) adapts the output components to 24 (dropping Al and X_I_i).
These two lost components are the ones missing and raising the error when I generate the influent file.

Question is, how to include these output components so that loading the correct fractionation file does not result in the error in attach?

Thanks,
Giacomo
Posted Fri, 01 Sep 2017 08:35:50 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hi Giacomo,
and apologies for the huge delay in replying to this.

I actually understood the error was at another stage of the process - which would suggest some error at the level of the block library, as I initially tried to explain.
However, what you are now reporting is much easier to solve - in fact not a real error ..

Basically, you have created a new Instance (with a new list of Components).
Clearly, a [b]Fractionation Layout[/b] will not be available for your new Instance - unless the Components are the same as one of the standard Instances, which I believe is not the case.
So, what you can do is indeed to load one of the Layouts (the one with the state vector closests to that of your new Instance); then you need to make the necessary changes and save the new Layout - that will then be available every time you'll use your new Instance.

The message you get may be a little unclear, and especially the outcome a little unexpected (we're working to improve this!), because [b]whether you answer 'yes' or 'no' you will lose some information[/b].
As I said: all you need to do is to modify the Layout according to your influent model and save it, so that it will be available for other projects.
Posted Wed, 06 Sep 2017 14:00:00 GMT by giacomo.bellandi
Hi Enrico,

thanks for the answer. Just for the records:
Actually the problem was another (it took me a couple of days to find the issue back in the days but then was fixed), for some reason the model that I was using was missing an instance in the stoichiometric matrix. This was giving the error when wiring on the block diagram or opening the influent fractionation file.
Added that one, the instance was back in place in the influent fractionation tab and peace was back.

Thanks!
Giacomo

You must be signed in to post in this forum.