Posted Fri, 17 Jul 2015 13:05:18 GMT by Zoi
Dear all,

I would be really graeful, i f you could help me . I am trying to establish a simple BioDenihpo process model from a plant accroding to ASM2d  in order to asses its performance and calibrate it afterwards. I encounter many problems. I established the layout illustrated in the attached picture and I used standard fractionation of ASM2 but I cannot run it because I get error that the [b]buffer is empty [/b] and [b]error while executing simulation[/b]. Could you please help me because it's emergent. I would also like  to ask which of the two fractionation type(custom or standard) is best to use and which information should the input files should include.

Thank you in advance,
Zoi
Posted Fri, 17 Jul 2015 13:46:23 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
[quote author=Zoi link=topic=2526.msg5920#msg5920 date=1437138318]
Dear all,
.. but I cannot run it because I get error that the [b]buffer is empty [/b] and [b]error while executing simulation[/b] ..
[/quote]
Difficult to say based on the log file you provided, because it contains a lot of extra information from previous attempts.

When sending the WEST log file, [b]is always best to first [u]clear[/u] the Logging pane and then execute the action that may cause the error[/b]. In this way, the log file will only contain essential information.

Anyway, in your case it seems to be due to the influent file (incorrect format, missing rows - probably the first one at time zero, ..) or influent specs.
How do you provide the influent characterisation? do you use one file? multiple files that are to be merged by WEST?
Do you modify the list of "components" (i.e. measurements) in the General page of the Influent Tool - and the default fractionation model?

[quote author=Zoi link=topic=2526.msg5920#msg5920 date=1437138318]
.. which of the two fractionation type (custom or standard) is best to use and which information should the input files should include[/quote]

There's no best way to do it: it depends on what type of influent specs you can provide.
Generally, one does not measure all the ASM- components (cf Standard) but a certain set of conventional, lumped, quantities (e.g. COD, TSS, ..).
As to which information should the influent specs include: it does not really matter, as long as, based on your limited set of measured quantities, you can provide all the state components of the selected category/instance (in your case, ASM2).
So you could use flow rate, COD, BOD, TSS, T(K)N, TP; or flow rate, COD, BOD, TSS, NHx, NOx, PO4, TP; or .. any combination [b]as long as you can "map" all the ASM2 components[/b].
Posted Fri, 17 Jul 2015 14:17:51 GMT by Zoi
Dear Enrico,

I was trying to run it again using as input file the ´´WEST ASM2 Influent Week´´, but I get the following logging.What am I doing wrong?I attach a new logging txt file, I clear all the  previous errors.

Thank you in advance,
Zoi
Posted Fri, 17 Jul 2015 20:44:31 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
This error has nothing to do with your specific set up or influent file.
It looks like the project folded or some file may be in use outside of WEST - hence access is denied.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.