Posted Tue, 24 Mar 2015 17:34:36 GMT by Youri Amerlinck
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a new input fractionation model for a new ASM type model.

One of the issues I'm having is that I want to define a parameter for a constant inflow of let's say X_I (i.e. X_I_In). In previous versions (before WEST 2014 I guess), I would have put a parameter block on the fractionation layout and link the parameter X_I_In to it.

In the current version (WEST 2014 sp3) I only find a block '1'. I can give it a label but do not find a way to link a parameter to it.

Any suggestions?
Posted Tue, 24 Mar 2015 22:32:13 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Basically, in [b]W2012[/b], one would:
[list]
[li]drop a "parameter" block on the canvas (your "X_I_In") and connect it to the relevant state component ("X_I")[/li]
[li]assign a weight "1" to the conversion[/li]
[/list]
In [b]W2014[/b], one is to:
[list]
[li]drop a "1" block on the canvas and connect it to a (set of) state component(s) (including, in your case, "X_I")[/li]
[li]define a parameter "X_I_In"[/li]
[li]assign a weight "parameters.X_I_In" to the conversion[/li]
[/list]
Posted Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:52:21 GMT by Youri Amerlinck
Any particular reason for this change?

As it seems to me that putting the parameters on the layout (as in WEST2012) gives a clearer overview of the model.

How does it work for using WEST 2012 fractionation models in WEST 2014?
Posted Thu, 26 Mar 2015 10:12:35 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
[quote]Any particular reason for this change?[/quote]
It's more rigorous from a code viewpoint.
In W2012, using a parameter block on the layout or defining a new parameter in the expression for the weight of a transformation, would both result is a parameter OBJ in the MSL code of the (de)Fractionation model.
In W2014, a parameter can only be defined in one way, i.e. at the level of the expression for the weight of a transformation.

[quote]How does it work for using WEST 2012 fractionation models in WEST 2014?[/quote]
Until you don't regenerate (code and influent files) it should work just fine - as what matters is the MSL code and there, how a parameter OBJ was created, is of no relevance.
If you need to regenerate, it may be necessary to first update the W2012 layouts to the new "concept".
Posted Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:09:39 GMT by Youri Amerlinck
[quote]It's more rigorous from a code viewpoint.[/quote]

That is a pity I liked the clear overview in the fractionation layout. Now, I will need to overcome my natural resistance to change  :) .

[quote]If you need to regenerate, it may be necessary to first update the W2012 layouts to the new "concept".[/quote]

So, if I have a working model with a WEST 2012 fractionation layout and I want to change the input file (which needs a regenerate), I will need to update my fractionation model. Right?
Posted Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:04:04 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
I am afraid so, yes.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.