Posted Wed, 05 Mar 2014 16:28:11 GMT by Vivek Anandan Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Jr. Research Fellow
I'm using WEST 2014. In the analysis properties tab and parameter estimation, I've given parameter as KLa, variables as C(S_O), loaded  Data files as time versus C(S_O) but I didn't get any value in Runs tab. When I run the parameter estimation in the control center, I got error message as Invalid name: Name does not occur in buffer: ASU_1.C(S_O). What should I do to run the parameter estimation in the control center?
Posted Wed, 05 Mar 2014 16:38:52 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
The error message indicates that the quantity ".ASU_1.C(S_O)" is not present in the buffer (= the data file you have selected).
Remember that WEST here expects a variable with a name that matches exactly that of the corresponding variable in the model.
For instance: if you have renamed your ASU_1 tank, e.g. "Aer_Tank", you need to have the same exact label in the data file.
Therefore two ways to fix this:
- rename the tank on the Layout (property "Name"); or
- change the column header in the data file
Posted Thu, 06 Mar 2014 09:57:14 GMT by Vivek Anandan Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Jr. Research Fellow
I have changed the column header in the data file as ASU_1.C(S_O). But I received the same error message again, when I run the parameter estimation in the control center. What should I do?
Posted Thu, 06 Mar 2014 10:15:57 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Are you sure you have used the leading dot, i.e. ".ASU_1.C(S_O)" ?
"ASU_1.C(S_O)" (note the missing dot) is incorrect and will indeed result in the error message you detect.
Posted Thu, 06 Mar 2014 10:50:43 GMT by Vivek Anandan Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Jr. Research Fellow
yes, I got only 2 values in the runs table. Thanks. How should I get more values in the table?
In the runs plot, only histogram is showing. I could not change the line or curve plot. What should I do to get the output of the parameter estimation experiment?
Posted Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:07:25 GMT by Vivek Anandan Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Jr. Research Fellow
The error message is removed it now. Thanks.
I entered 100 in control center simulation. But in parameter estimation runs only 2 and got 2 values in the analysis properties of runs table. What should I do to get more values? How should I get line plot in the parameter estimation experiment?
Posted Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:25:37 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
[quote author=vivekanandan link=topic=1992.msg4497#msg4497 date=1394103043]
yes, I got only 2 values in the runs table.
[/quote]
What do you mean?
A Parameter Estimation experiment does not have a predetermined number of runs (like e.g. a Scenario Analysis) because it will sample the parameter space, and run the corresponding simulation, until the stop criterion is reached.
So, in your case, I would have to conclude that after just 2 runs, your objective has been minimized. This is quite unlikely, so you need to check the experiment settings.

[quote author=vivekanandan link=topic=1992.msg4497#msg4497 date=1394103043]
In the runs plot, only histogram is showing.
[/quote]
Correct. That button (and this applies to all Advanced Experiments) is reserved for some "special" plots that could not be created otherwise - typically because data are to be gathered from different files.
So, if your purpose is not to generate a histogram, you need to use the standard plot and either drag-drop quantities (if quantities belong to the models and are therefore listed in the Block Details) or use the "Add Series" item in the plot menu.
Posted Thu, 06 Mar 2014 13:44:23 GMT by Vivek Anandan Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Jr. Research Fellow
I need the plot of data fit:measured OUR data point vs simulated values for OUR in the tank. ie. The output of the parameter estimation experiment in the plot (Model and Measured)
Posted Thu, 06 Mar 2014 13:56:43 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
See Chapter 10 (esp. 10.1) of the WEST Getting Started and Tutorial Guide - which can be accessed through the Home | Help menu button

You must be signed in to post in this forum.