Posted Mon, 14 Sep 2015 08:54:17 GMT by Mónica Gracia Tratamiento de Aguas - Ingeniería de Proceso
Hello,
ASM1_AN is an extension of ASM1 to include two step nitrification and anammox process. This model is specially usefull to reproduce nitrogen removal processes in more detail.
Then I wonder why the component S_ND is not longer in the model...

- should we consider organic soluble nitrogen as ammonia? i think this is a step backwards ASM1, where soluble nitrogen is available when matter is hydrolized
- Now X_ND does not suffer any transformation

I wonder if there is any inconvenience in including S_ND again within the components vector in ASM_AN category (it is a crucial variable for nitrogen removal process). It seems ASM1 traditional transformations can be repited, and new transformations (nitritation, nitratation and anammox) are not affected.

thanks
Posted Thu, 01 Oct 2015 20:43:31 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
I agree with you: we should probably not remove anything from ASM1, it is such a reference. For quite some applications the soluble organic nitrogen is not negligible and it is quite easy to estimate the soluble nitrogen fraction with a TKNsol analysis.

Would you be able to suggest a modification to the current ASM1_AN implementation?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2018 14:05:19 GMT by Mónica Gracia Tratamiento de Aguas - Ingeniería de Proceso
Hi, some time since last post...
I don't know about ASM_AN as much to suggest something, but I am again in the same situation: missing the way to reproduce the presence of organic soluble nitrogen (or particulate) not associated to COD, but i.e. to reproduce Urea adition or industrial water with TKNorg soluble.
I would like to reproduce COD removal and, at least, nitritation, nitratation... and if possible organic nitrogen hydrolysis. I could assume that all the TKN is particulate. What, in your opinion, is the available model that can reproduce better this process? I'm not very up to date in latests models, I would appreciate your suggestion.
Thank you in advance!
Posted Thu, 03 May 2018 03:55:53 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hello Monica,
I see what you are looking for in the model.
I don't believe you could use one of the standard models of the library as such: your best option is to add a component to the conversion model.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.