Posted Mon, 04 Jul 2016 01:51:35 GMT by lily
Hi:
Dear engineers
I have a questions about the MBR parameters in West 2014,
the inflow water  is 5567 m³/d  Steady State, the MBR parameters :[b]V_Tank is 404.26m³  ,V_Min[/b] is 400 m³ ?But  When performing a steady-state simulation of 150 days, the[b] MBR Variables  Group:Dimension V[/b] is 979.91, Therefore, this leads to a problem  when I  use  a Process calculator to calculate  the SRT,the calculated  SRT is not equal to the design value.
So can you tell me how to calculate [b]MBR Variables  Group:Dimension V[/b] in the west model? Thanks
Posted Tue, 05 Jul 2016 20:35:45 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hi,
most likely you have not set the [b]initial mass of water[/b] (initial value of the H2O component of the M vector: M(H2O)).
You need to input a mass of water (in grams) compatible to your Vmin - Vmax range, e.g. 4E09.
Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2016 00:55:17 GMT by lily
Hi, I am glad to hear from you ,Thanks!

can you tell me where and how to "input a mass of water (in grams) compatible to your Vmin - Vmax range"?
Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2016 16:13:45 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
In the Block Details pane, select the Variables tab page.
Scroll down until you find the quantity M(H2O): unlike all other (non-derived) state variables, the Initial Value column for the M vector is enabled (i.e. accepts input). Just type in a suitable mass of water in grams.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.