Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2018 21:41:46 GMT by qplana
Hello,

I am trying to optimize the volume of several tanks in series with WEST 2017 considering that all of them have the same volume. For it, I am trying to do a parameter estimation of the those volumes but I am not able to set that the volume of the tanks in series has to be the same for all of them.

I have read on the user's guide that it is possible creating a top-level parameter. However, the indications provided on the user's guide about how to define a top-level parameter do not correspond for WEST 2017 interface. Since some major modifications have been done on "Top-level parameters" tool in WEST 2017, is there any guidelines (or tips) for it?

Thank you,
Queralt

Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2018 06:01:59 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hi Queralt,
there are two ways to create top-level parameters: an 'easy', semi-automatic one, and a more flexible, manual one.

In your case, i.e. same parameter across multiple blocks, you can multi-select the blocks (either in the Layout or in the Model Explorer pane) and then drag-drop the parameter to the Top-level Quantities sheet / Parameters tab: a corresponding top-level parameter, with the same data type, units etc. of the original parameters will be automatically generated, in particular the Links properties is automatically set to the individual sub-model parameters.

The other way requires that you manually type in Name, Data Type, etc. for the top-level parameter and especially select one by one the Links to the underlying sub-model parameters.
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2018 16:11:29 GMT by qplana
Hi Enrico,

Thank you for the indications. It seems to work the top-level parameter.

Regards,

Queralt

You must be signed in to post in this forum.