Posted Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:35:11 GMT by giacomo.bellandi
Hi,

trying to use in WEST16 two plant models implemented in WEST14. In sequence, the problem I encounter with both of them are:

1- "Executable model could not be built: See Logging" (one time)
2- "One or more exceptions occurred while firing the topic 'event://DHI/WEST/DisplayUnitChanged' " (several times)

3- At this point the layout opens up and I can open the input blocs and the connections by double clicking, but the influent and effluent icons return: "Unable to start the tool: Block Library does not contain any Category References for Instance ASM2dChemTemp".

4- Last but not least, the Control Center do not show neither the Steady state nor the Dynamic tab

Thanks in advance!
Giacomo
Posted Fri, 11 Mar 2016 16:21:20 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hi,
this is because you must have installed WEST 2016 64 bit - which requires a separate C compiler, as explained in the note on the download page.
So if you don't strictly need a 64 bit, I would recommend you rather install the 32 bit version.
Posted Wed, 13 Apr 2016 12:59:24 GMT by giacomo.bellandi
Hi,

the problems are almost entirely solved installing the 32 version but the error "Unable to start the tool: Block Library does not contain any Category References for Instance ASM2dChemTemp" keeps on appearing when trying to open the influent icon
Posted Mon, 18 Apr 2016 15:41:39 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
It looks like you might have an error in the Block Library.
The error message is very clear: it does not find any Category Reference for the ASM2dChemTemp instance - I would image you had the ASM2dChemTemp, at least.

Have you checked the Block Library, for the ASM2dChemTemp instance ?
Posted Wed, 20 Apr 2016 12:51:12 GMT by giacomo.bellandi
yes the block library contains the ASM2dChemTemp instance and also reports as model lib WEST.WWTP.ASM2dChemTemp.ModelLib.xml
the file is indeed contained in the model library folder.

Despite this, the problem persist when opening the project in WEST16. Doing the same with WEST14 on the same folders/files gives no problem.

Posted Wed, 20 Apr 2016 13:56:38 GMT by giacomo.bellandi
It might be also useful to know that opening the block library returns a popup "Errors detected while opening the block library" and "System error: Undefined name found: X_MEOH" in the description.
However, all instances and categories can be then visualized in the block library explorer. In attachment the log of the model editor when opening the library.

Thanks!
Posted Thu, 21 Apr 2016 08:05:37 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
[quote]System error: Undefined name found: X_MEOH[/quote]
indicates that the name "X_MEOH" was not defined in a certain context.
I don't see the error message in the log attached: only warnings related to discarded / missing properties, which simply means you're opening a 2014 BlockLib in 2016 and those are new properties introduced in 2016.
I would expect to see the same error message in the log and that would suggest the context in which X_MEOH is undefined ...

You could do a search in the Entire Modelbase and 'patiently' debug, until you identify the undefined name.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.