Posted Mon, 03 Nov 2014 13:24:35 GMT by Ramesh Saagi
Hi All,

I am new to the WEST simulation environment. I have a model of the integrated system in WEST.

Initially, i loaded the initial parameters from an existing file and could run the model. Later i removed all the components except one river input and a river RWQM1 model. Then renamed it to a new name. When i tried to run the model now, it throwed the below non existent key error (error1 file in attachment). The block it is referring to is removed from the model.

So, i closed the new model and tried to open the old version which was running earlier. It throws the non existent key error and does not load the layout at all. Below is the error and the log (error2.png in attachment).

I am using WEST 2014 SP2. Let me know if anyone knows how to fix this error.
I hope i gave sufficient information. I can provide more info if needed.

Regards,
Ramesh
Posted Mon, 03 Nov 2014 13:43:56 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
The "non-existent key in manager" error usually refers to a block (icon) in the layout for which the underlying model is not present in the current block library.
This may happen because:
[list]
[li]"a" library is found at the expected location (with the expected name) but does not contain that particular model; or[/li]
[li]the original block library (or instance) was changed, e.g. via the Project / Block Library Setup menu - and the new one does not contain that particular model[/li]
[/list]
This may explain why the original project - that used to work fine, does no longer work.

On the other hand, if a block that is used in the scope of e.g. objectives, calculator variables, etc. is deleted from the layout, this same error message will be displayed.
Posted Fri, 06 Feb 2015 08:44:29 GMT by Moses
Dear All
I have got the same error but I didn't manage to fix it according to your explanation, can you please explain the procedure in a nut shell how to fix it?
Regards
Moses
Posted Fri, 06 Feb 2015 09:44:22 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hi Moses, it's precisely "explaining this in a nutshell" which is nearly impossible :)
Please send your case (and model library!) to Tech Support: mikebydhi@dhigroup.com
Once we have identified the reason, we can post a solution here, so that other users may benefit.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.