Posted Tue, 13 Dec 2016 10:11:42 GMT by simo17
Hello,
I have to build a new project (firstly built on ASM1 model) using ASM2dM to model phosphorus removal.
When I try to generate my influent I got the error in the attached image. I've tryed in a new project with just the influent municipality block and standard fractioning too, but nothing change. Suggestions?

Thank you very much, regards
Simone
Posted Tue, 13 Dec 2016 11:17:09 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hi,
impossible to say: the error message in the dialog is far too generic.
Perhaps the Logging pane gives you more details?
A suggestion: have you [u]first[/u] created, compiled, run the model in ASM1; [u]then[/u] changed the instance to ASM2, correct? Did you modify the fractionation layout suitably, prior to regenerating the influent model?
Posted Tue, 13 Dec 2016 11:27:30 GMT by simo17
Hi Enrico, thank you for the attention.
I have made a completely new project with ASM2dM model. I have copied entirely my layout and changed every parameter. I have made a new fractioning editing the standard one for ASM2dM, then imported the data and generated them, getting that error. Unluckily, logging doesn't give more details. In any case, using the standard fractioning, I get the same error.

Simone

Edit: just changing the instance to ASM2dM from the old project, without building a new one, I get different error
Posted Tue, 13 Dec 2016 12:05:33 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hello Simone,
you uncovered an error in the fractionation model for ASM2dM.

I cannot attach xml files here so I have changed the extension of the corrected fractionation model to txt.
(not sure it actually works - if it doesn't I will send it to you via email)

Please replace the original .Input.Layout.xml in the InputOutput folder by this one (and change the extension back to xml); and step through the influent tool once again. I tested it and it should work.
Do not forget to add TP and ISS as Custom Components, as these are requested by the ASM2dM default fractionation model (see Models Guide)
Posted Tue, 13 Dec 2016 12:07:54 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
See attachment
Posted Tue, 13 Dec 2016 12:29:19 GMT by simo17
Thank you again Enrico.
I haven't replaced the original file, so I still have the file WEST.ASM2dM.Input.Layout.xml. Using the standard fractioning and importing a .txt including ISS, TSS, COD, TKN, TP, the error is still the same. I don't think it is a fractioning error, I've already tryed to edit the standard for ASM1 and it works well.

Simone
Posted Tue, 13 Dec 2016 13:16:00 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
But the only way to not encounter the error is by using the new fractionation layout that I attached to my previous post
Posted Wed, 14 Dec 2016 09:27:45 GMT by simo17
Thank you Enrico, it works!!!
Cannot understand the reason, but editing the file you sent yesterday everything works.

Regards,
Simone

You must be signed in to post in this forum.