Posted Wed, 08 Jun 2016 14:09:58 GMT by Mónica Gracia Tratamiento de Aguas - Ingeniería de Proceso
Can I create a dynamic input for a top level parameter? Thank you
Posted Thu, 09 Jun 2016 11:48:19 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hi Monica,
no: a model parameter, by definition, cannot vary dynamically.
In order to be dynamically variable, a quantity needs to be defined as interface variable (input + manipulated).
Posted Thu, 09 Jun 2016 13:53:28 GMT by Mónica Gracia Tratamiento de Aguas - Ingeniería de Proceso
thanks Enrico,
so... undertood, but, is there any trick that I can use to be able to dynamically change muH (yes- it sounds strange but that's what I need...)
Posted Thu, 09 Jun 2016 15:19:12 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hi Monica,
actually no: it doesn't sound all that weird.
All you need to do is 'promote' muH from parameter to manipulated interface variable - and take care of the consequences of course.
Keep in mind that muH_Temp is actually a temperature-dependent state variable, based on muH: so you'll have to change the definition for muH itself

Roughly:
-  in the Gujer Matrix, delete the [b]OBJ muH[/b] from the Parameters page and add it to the Interface Variables page. Main properties: causality needs to be Input; and the Manipulated check-box needs to be checked
- in the State Variables page, update the equation for muH_Temp, by replacing '[b]parameters.[/b]muH' by '[b]interface.[/b]muH'

This should be more or less it.
There may some small detail that I am overlooking now: but in case the syntax check should fail, please get back to the Forum.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.