Posted Mon, 15 Jun 2015 09:48:59 GMT by jfax
Hi all,

I have been experiencing a problem with some of my models. It usually happens on models Ive spent a long time working on, or models Ive been building by adjusting older models.

My problem is that some blocks seemingly disappear as that the Block Details window just prompts me: "The model for '.XX' is not available in the Model Library" when I select the block. Sometimes I can just save and load and the problem is gone, but most of the time I have to rebuild the whole model from scratch again. Does anyone know why this keeps happening?

I also just experienced another problem with controllers changing. I for example entered a simple P controller for DO but when I start a steady state model it switches to a ratio controller. I've tried to reload and recreate the P controller but it keeps changing.

As having to remake the whole models is very time consuming I hope somebody can help me out!

Thanks
Posted Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:17:43 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
[quote author=jfax link=topic=2496.msg5812#msg5812 date=1434361739]
.. some blocks seemingly disappear as that the Block Details window just prompts me: "The model for '.XX' is not available in the Model Library" ..
[/quote]

I assume you are using a custom model (that you have implemented, or modified from a base one).
What you report generally happens when one or more [b]interface variables[/b] are declared (in the interface section) but not assigned or used (in the equations section).

[quote author=jfax link=topic=2496.msg5812#msg5812 date=1434361739]
.. I for example entered a simple P controller for DO but when I start a steady state model it switches to a ratio controller.
[/quote]

This is very weird. Are these the standard models, or again custom ones? and which version are you using: 2014 Sp2?
Posted Mon, 15 Jun 2015 10:42:31 GMT by jfax
Hi Enrico, thank you for your response.

I have been using a custom model library, but no interface variables and they have been built from scratch, not from a template. Ill try and use the standard model library and see if the problem persist.

Im using the latest West, cant remember if its Sp2 or 3, but I've been making sure its updated.
Posted Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:22:59 GMT by jfax
Dear Enrico,

I've restarted the computer and reset the block library to the standard one.

I tried to build a simple model from scratch but now none of the models can be found after initializing a modelling.
When I open older .xml files some models work while some has a random block malfunctioning.

I checked the block library in the model editor but didnt find a problem. Can I send you the model to you so you can check it?
Posted Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:32:22 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Sure: please send the whole WESTforOPTIMIZATION folder that you use to mikebydhi@dhigroup.com

You must be signed in to post in this forum.