Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 10:47:42 GMT by Vivek Anandan Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Jr. Research Fellow
How should I use data import to the batch reactor? substrate is the input data and sludge is within the reactor. How should I mention sludge?Where should I mention TSS? Is it in the input or somewhere else?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 12:12:07 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
What do you mean by "data import"? Are you referring to an input file; or to (experimental) data e.g. that are to be plotted on a graph?
And by "batch reactor"? There's no batch reactor as such in the WEST library, so I assume you are using e.g. an ASU tank with either no input (and the initial concentration of substrate and biomass inputted as initial conditions) or with a concentrated input (i.e. a spike).
Your other questions are also difficult to answer, because they are too generic and may depend on the category you are using.
Please provide more details about your test case.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 17:59:21 GMT by Vivek Anandan Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Jr. Research Fellow
Yes, I am referring input file. I use ASU tank as batch reactor. sludge is already present in the batch reacor, I add substrate at a fixed time in the reactor. In this condition, How should I represent sludge and substrate in the ASU tank?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 19:16:12 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
You supply substrate through an input file at a set time (over a short time period) right?
So I assume, you only need to set the initial state of your batch reactor. This is done by setting the initial conditions of S and X - as masses in WEST, so if you are dealing with concentrations, you need to convert your data. Then it all depends on what category you are using: if it's a custom category, with perhaps only S and X as components, it's straight-forward. Otherwise, you need to distribute "substrate" and "biomass" over the relevant species.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 19:29:18 GMT by Vivek Anandan Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Jr. Research Fellow
yes, I added substrate through the input file at a set time. I tried in custom category as the data import. How should I set the initial state of batch reactor? I also used top level interface variable to represent sludge. But I did not get the result as well as the correct plot. I changed the integrator settings also.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 20:50:04 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
The initial state: as I said, through the initial state of the (derived) state variables - which for the ASU model is the M vector.
So, I would assume: M[X_BH], M[X_BA], M[S_S], M[X_S] for ASM1.
As for the top-level interface variables, or the integrator settings, I don't see what is the relevance to this particular issue
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:32:01 GMT by Vivek Anandan Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Jr. Research Fellow
Exactly ASM1 model. I have given the initial condition of state variables through standard category including biomass. But there is no change in plot and results.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.