Posted Tue, 27 Apr 2021 12:01:56 GMT by Hector Jose Gosalbez Ingeniero Químico
Hi Enrico and Fabio,

I would like to create a plot in the Parameter Estimation Experiment, and I am not able to modify the default type of representation of the represented variable (“AnoxicTank.C(S_NO)”) as a “point”, and not a mixture of “point+line” (without line). I have tried with the different format options of the serie and plot, but I am not able to modify the format to a single point.

Thanks!

Héctor
Posted Tue, 27 Apr 2021 12:34:47 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hello Hector,
easy ... when you know the hidden trick  ;)
You simply cannot do it with the standard type of plot (FastLine): you need to choose "Line" upon creation of the plot.
And unfortunately, you cannot change the type of a plot once it has been created: all you can do is delete it and create a new one (of type Line).
Posted Tue, 27 Apr 2021 13:16:01 GMT by Hector Jose Gosalbez Ingeniero Químico
Thanks Enrico. Good advice (in fact, I had already realize it reading it in your interesing "WEST_Getting_Started" manual), but it seems that I am lost in somewhere else, because if I simply add the new represented variable (“AnoxicTank.C(S_NO)”) in the project placed in the Tutorial as Two ASU_PE (in the "Data Fit" plot),  despite it is a "line" plot, the result is the same....point+line. Sorry for the re-answer....
Posted Tue, 27 Apr 2021 13:28:37 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
You are right, Hector  :o
The option to hide/unhide the line is a hidden property which is not exposed in the Properties pane, but only available via the Extended Editor (an option of the plot menu that is disabled in the standard WEST license).
All I can suggest (I know it will not be exactly the same) is to set the LineWidth property from 2 to 0 - the line will be very thin, but will not disappear.
I can try and push this into the next release (Nov 2021)
Posted Tue, 27 Apr 2021 14:16:30 GMT by Hector Jose Gosalbez Ingeniero Químico
Thanks Enrico for the fantastic support!. That provisional solution is what I had finally decided to do.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.