Posted Thu, 25 May 2017 21:33:15 GMT by Nick_Cormier
Hello! I'm a very new user to West, I've been putting together small plant designs just to get the hang of the software.

I encountered an issue with  a particular error message: "Building the models encountered errors". When I check in logging, I see that the error "No algebraic equations found. No sorting done."

Is this a common issue? I'm not certain I've done anything different this time around...

Thanks in advance for the help!
Posted Fri, 26 May 2017 02:50:38 GMT by Nick_Cormier
I was able to solve the problem by adding loop breakers to my recirculating lines! I left this up in case any else has the same question. Delete if you'd rather!
Posted Fri, 26 May 2017 06:24:10 GMT by Filip Claeys
"No algebraic equations found. No sorting done." is not an error but rather a warning (it will appear in DESIGN mode when the so-called "dummy" executable model is built). It is of no importance and can be safely discarded.

I assume you are not using the latest version of WEST (i.e. 2017) since in this version loop breakers are inserted automatically. Also in WEST 2016 it is possible to have loop breakers inserted automatically, but this option is not switched on by default.
Posted Fri, 26 May 2017 14:07:20 GMT by Nick_Cormier
Correct, I am using the 2016 version. Thanks for the help!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.