Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2018 07:32:46 GMT by David Medina
Good morning:

Working with an ASU (activated sludge unit) in parameters/manipulated variables, you can follow an OTR Energy (Oxygen tansfer rate per energy unit) in g/KWh units. I assume that this variable means the SAE (standard aeration efficiency) of the aerator type. Am I right?

At the same time, the default value is 1.800 g/kWh. This value is SAE typical for jets or turbines. If I use a fine pore (fine bubble), should I work with higher values, for instance, 4.2-4.8 kg/kWh? Will I find some changes in the simulation associated to the aeration process?

On the other hand, once the simulation is running, I find in variables/measurement data, a value of OUR measurement data (OUR_ASU) in g/(m3d). I assume this value means AOR (actual oxygenation rate or requirements). So, in order to calculate SOTR, I would use an excel template to correct the obtained value (OUR_ASU) to SOTR by alpha, beta factors, etc. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2018 18:15:13 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Hi,

[quote author=David Hidalgo link=topic=20754.msg26958#msg26958 date=1515483166]
.. an OTR Energy (Oxygen tansfer rate per energy unit) in g/KWh units. I assume that this variable means the SAE (standard aeration efficiency) of the aerator type. Am I right?
[/quote]
Yes.

.. 1.800 g/kWh is typical for jets or turbines. If I use a fine pore (fine bubble), should I work with higher values, for instance, 4.2-4.8 kg/kWh?
[/quote]
Correct.
And yes, you should observe a difference in the calculated Aeration Energy (Power).

.. OUR measurement data (OUR_ASU) in g/(m3d). I assume this value means AOR (actual oxygenation rate or requirements). So, in order to calculate SOTR, I would use an excel template to correct the obtained value (OUR_ASU) to SOTR by alpha, beta factors, etc. Is that correct?
[/quote]
Yes.

I would also recommend, you take a look at the [b]aeration model[/b] (Irvine with Carbon Footprint) associated with a control block - it should be coupled with a controller, e.g. PI that regulates the airflow (Q_Air) in order to maintain the desired DO set-point: this model should calculate the energy consumption for aeration more accurately.
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2018 06:39:55 GMT by David Medina
Thanks.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.